boot_error Forum Index boot_error
Not new, just more of the same...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest *POSSIBLE SPOILS*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAbdBoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest *POSSIBLE SPOILS* Reply with quote

Anyone seen it yet? If you haven't, you better or else. It's a good movie, but I think the first one is way better. Actually, I really don't know what to discuss about this movie except for the fact it was really long. Pirates 3 will be coming out next year, but scince the movie is already made, I bet it will be leaked soonish.
/_|_\
Copy the bunny to your signature to help him achieve world domination, and come join the darkside (we have HANDOMSŪ)
DevilCandy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did NOT like this one as much as the first. The whole part with the cannibals was overly slapstick-ish, Sparrow was nowhere near as clumsily charming as in the first film, there were far too many things rolling down slopes and the characters weren't as detailed.

Then again I liked the exploration of the Elizabeth/Sparrow relationship very much, and I like the way Jack is portrayed as a bit of a bastard at times. He was given a bit more depth in this one. And of course it's still a devilishly charming movie about dashing buccaneers, even if it's not quite as good as the first.

I think it was very much an "in between"-movie. You probably wouldn't get many of the jokes if you haven't seen the first. (For example, Jack's search for the perfect hat and the way Elizabeth and Will choruses "CAPTAIN" together, the undead monkey and Jack's comment about not letting Elizabeth near the rum). Also, apart from leaning heavily on it's predecessor, it left far too many loose threads for my taste. I like it when my trilogies are possible to view as stand-alone films.

And I don't like the way they made Davy Jones' whole crew into seacreatures apart from Bootstrap and the poor thing that was part of the wall. If the rest of the crew were former sailors as well, as they seemed to be, they should be human-like as well. Sure, encrusted with barnacles and half-rotted, but not THAT fishy. *rolls eyes* It was far too much of an attempt to make Bootstrap more likeable than the rest.

All in all, I'd give it 7 out of 10. Or perhaps 6,5.
The first one probably gets an 11.
/_|_\
Copy the bunny to your signature to help him achieve world domination, and come join the darkside (we have cookies)
Boot_error fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, they were to fishie
And that guy who was morphed into the wall, and when he popped up to speek the back of his head was still attached to the wall, HES got not brain i said to my self i did.
Living Corp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boot_error fan wrote:
HES got not brain i said to my self i did.

That's funnier than some parts of the film.
DevilCandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, he was something remotely human that might have been the result of being underneath the ocean for too long. I don't think any other of the crew were that human (I don't consider seashell-head as human).

Ah well. Looking forward to number three anyway.
/_|_\
Copy the bunny to your signature to help him achieve world domination, and come join the darkside (we have cookies)
Boot_error fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true they did go a little over the top with the fish face things
EEZY Webcomic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the way it ends with a climax but still a good film!

jezebelus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie is awesome, much better then previous which was also great. Can't wait to see next one. I think captain Jack is Johnny Depp's best role so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    boot_error Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: